Area I Association
  Sign-In  Register
TEA Information
  • - Career and Technical Education

See document at bottom of page for information about UIL eligibility for FFA activities.

The following is the answer to this teacher question:

"Does anyone out there have or know where to get the state recommendations for shop size and classroom for CTE classes?"

TEA does not have any specific rules that specify shop or lab size or space. School facilities standards are located on the facilities funding and standards webpage.

Here is the link to the commissioner’s rules related to school facilities standards for construction. The information could apply to CTE classrooms and labs.

Commissioner's Rules: 19 Texas Administrative Code §61.1036, School Facilities Standards for Construction.

There is a fairly old Agriculture Facilities Guidelines publication that provides some general recommendations about facilities.  This publication is available at . 

Ron Whitson

Statewide CTE Coordinator

Texas Education Agency

Desk Phone: 512.463.8984 

Main Phone: 512.936.6060


Graduation Requirements Chandra Corse 12/4/2012 48 KB
Graduation Options HB 5 Chandra Corse 8/26/2013 81 KB
UIL Side by Side 2013-2014 Chandra Corse 8/26/2013 2239 KB
Draft Policy for Realignment Chandra Corse 8/26/2013 14508 KB
Courses AST can teach outside ag Chandra Corse 8/27/2014 22 KB
Student Accounting Handbook 14-15 Chandra Corse 8/27/2014 2323 KB
Teaching Materials Update 2017 Revision Chandra Corse 4/7/2017 13 KB



 Website designed by: Wieghat Graphics